My research interests fluctuate between Computational Linguistics (CL) / Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Digital Humanities (DH).
They include, but are not limited to
- Anaphora resolution
- Coreference resolution
- Bridging resolution
- Computational literary studies
- Detecting (proto-)types of literary characters
- Modeling relationships of literary characters
- Domain adaptation for DH data
- Dealing with low resource scenarios
- Discovering and exploiting text structure
- Modeling of diachronic processes in compounds
- Compound creation
- The combination of all these things
For more concrete examples of my research, please refer to the list of my publications and to the websites of the projects I am or was involved in.